Canon PIXMA MG2900 Setup Download and Software Download
Canon PIXMA MG2900 Wireless Setup, Manual Instruction, IJ Setup and Scanner Software Driver Download For Windows, Mac – The Canon PIXMA MG2900 can be a terrific alternative that you much better pick when you wish to have an incredible printing gadget in your working room. This printer will be the significant devices that can sustain your works in the best means possible because it can do different tasks for you, such as printing, copying, and scanning. So after that, you will discover that your works can get done completely as you finish it utilizing the printer. In the end, you will have the ability to enhance your efficiency at the office impressively with no issues to encounter. the Canon PIXMA MG2900 could show you the remarkable printing rate as well because this printer could produce 8.0 images each minute (ipm) for black and white and 4.0 ipm for colors. This good printing rate comes from the exceptional ink system which is called as FINE ink system.
In addition, the Canon PIXMA MG2900 can produce up to 32 copies at the same time. This details ink system will help the cartridges spread the ink on the paper as little as 2 pl only without missing out on any information. So, the tool will always have the ability to produce the clear and also brilliant printouts that rest your demands as well as expectations so substantially. however, additionally amazing connectivity that could support the wireless printing service. The connection offered by the printer can be like Wi-Fi connection, PIXMA Printing Solutions (PPS), PictBridge, Google Cloud Print, and more. All those points will certainly allow you to print your records and also images wirelessly. Also better, you could print them directly from your clever device such as cellular phone, tablet computer, and also the digital camera. So, you should not squander your energy and time to get the accessibility to the printer whenever you intend to use it.
Made to be a hassle-free device in your home, the black PIXMA MG2900 Wireless Photo All-in-One Inkjet Printer from Canon has the ability to print, scan, and also copy files as well as pictures while including a small type. The device likewise has Wi-Fi connection for usage with a large range of mobile phones and computers. The printer is capable of resolutions approximately 4800 x 600 dpi and can manage papers up to 8.5 x 14″, or lawful size. In addition, it could create prints at a price of 8 ipm in black & white or 4 ipm in shade. Scanning is allowed via the incorporation of a shade flatbed able to hold files as much as 8.5 x 11.7″. This scanner is likewise made use of for copying records, the very first of which can be created in 31 secs.
- 1 Canon PIXMA MG2900 Review
- 2 Canon PIXMA MG2900 Setup Installation For Mac and Windows
- 3 Troubleshooting
- 4 How to install your Canon printer on Mac OS X
- 5 Steps Instructions Wireless Setup For Canon PIXMA MG2900
- 6 Canon MG2900 Printer Manual Installations
- 7 How to Scan With Canon PIXMA MG2900
- 8 Canon PIXMA MG2900 Scanner Driver Software Free Download
Canon PIXMA MG2900 Review
- PG-245 Pigment Black
- CL-246 Color Ink
- PG-245XL Pigment Black
- CL-246XL Color Ink
Recommended: Canon PIXMA TS8040 Driver Download
|Printing Technology||Hybrid Ink System with FINE Print Head Technology|
|Maximum Resolution||Color: 4800 x 600 dpi
Black: 600 x 600
|Print Speed||Color: 4 ipm
Black: 8 ipm
|Maximum Print Width||8″ (20.3 cm)|
|Number of Nozzles||Color: 960
Pigment Black: 320
|Ink Droplet Size||2 and 5 picoliter|
|Compatible Ink Cartridges||PG-245 Pigment Black
CL-246 Color Ink
PG-245XL Pigment Black
CL-246XL Color Ink
|Print Features||CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM, Easy-PhotoPrint+, document printing, Full HD Movie Print, special filters, Google Cloud Print, My Image Garden, PIXMA Printing Solutions, quiet mode, wireless auto power on, Wireless PictBridge, wireless printing, Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology, Hybrid Ink System, 4-color cartridge system|
|Image Sensor||Contact Image Sensor (CIS)|
|Optical Resolution||600 x 1200 dpi|
|Interpolated Resolution||19200 x 19200 dpi|
|Color Depth||Color: 48-bit input / 24-bit output
Grayscale: 16-bit input / 8-bit output
|Reflective Scan Area||8.5 x 11.7″ (21.6 x 29.7 cm)|
|Scanner Drivers||Windows: TWAIN 1.9, WIA
|Scanner Features||Auto Scan Mode|
|Number of Copies||Up to 32|
|First Copy-Out Time||31 seconds|
|Copy Features||Standard copy|
|Paper Types||Plain: Plain paper
Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy
Envelope: U.S. #10 envelope
|Paper Sizes||4 x 6″ (10.2 x 15.2 cm), 5 x 7″ (12.7 x 17.8 cm), Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 envelopes|
|Maximum Printable Area||8.0 x 13.2″ (20.3 x 33.6 cm)|
|Paper Capacity||Rear Tray: 60 sheets Letter / 10 sheets Legal / 20 sheets 4 x 6″ (10.2 x 15.2 cm) photo paper
Output Tray: 10 sheets plain paper
|Computer Interface||USB 2.0
|Channels||1-11 or 1-13|
|Range||164′ (50 m)|
|Setup||WPS (Push button configuration/PIN code method)
|Mobile Printing Features||Google Cloud Print, PIXMA Cloud Link|
|Compatible Operating Systems||Windows 8.1, 8, 7 SP1, 7, Vista SP2, Vista SP1, XP SP3 (32-bit)
Mac OS X 10.6.8-10.9
iOS, Android, Windows RT
|Power Requirements||100-240 VAC, 50/60 Hz|
|Power Consumption||Printing (Copy): 11 W
Standby (Minimum): 1.6 W
Off: 0.3 W
|Operating Conditions||Temperature: 41 to 95°F (5 to 35°C)
Humidity: 10 to 90%, relative non-condensing
Recommended Temperature: 59 to 86°F (15 to 30°C)
Recommended Humidity: 10 to 80%, relative non-condensing
|Storage Conditions||Temperature: 32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)
Humidity: 5 to 95%, relative non-condensing
|Environmental Compliance||EPEAT Silver|
|Dimensions (WxDxH)||16.8 x 12.1 x 5.8″ (42.6 x 30.6 x 14.5 cm)|
|Weight||7.6 lb (3.5 kg)|
|Package Weight||10.0 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||19.0 x 14.5 x 8.0″|
- Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1
- Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2
- Windows 10
- Windows 8
- Mac OS X v10.6.8- v10.9, Mac OS 10.12(Sierra) or later
- Mobile Operating Systems: iOS, Android, Windows RT16
Canon PIXMA MG2900 Setup Installation For Mac and Windows
How to Open the Printer Driver Setup Window
The printer driver setup window can be displayed through the application software in use or the Start menu of the Windows.
- Open the Printer Driver Setup Window through the Application Software
- Follow the procedure below to configure printing profile when printing.
- Select the command that you perform printing on the application software
- In general, select Print on the File menu to open the Print dialog box.
- Select your model name and click Preferences (or Properties)
The printer driver setup window appears.
Note: Depending on application software you use, command names or menu names may vary and there may be more steps. For details, refer to the user’s manual of your application software.
Open the Printer Driver Setup Window through the Start Menu
Follow the procedure below to perform machine maintenance operations such as print head cleaning, or to configure a printing profile that is common to all application software.
Select items from the Start menu as shown below:
- If you are using Windows 7, select the Start menu -> Devices and Printers.
- If you are using Windows Vista, select the Start menu -> Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Printers.
- If you are using Windows XP, select the start menu -> Control Panel -> Printers and Other Hardware -> Printers and Faxes.
- Right-click your model name icon, and then select Printing preferences from the displayed menu
Opening the printer driver setup window through Printer properties (Windows 7) or Properties(Windows Vista, Windows XP) displays such tabs regarding the Windows functions as the Ports(or Advanced) tab. Those tabs do not appear when opening through Printing preferences or application software. For tabs regarding Windows functions, refer to the user’s manual for the Windows.
Scanner Does Not Work
- Make sure that your scanner or printer is turned on.
- Connect the USB cable to a different USB port on the computer.
- If the USB cable is connected to a USB hub, remove it from the USB hub and connect it to a USB port on the computer.
- Restart the computer.
ScanGear (Scanner Driver) Does Not Start
- Make sure that MP Drivers is installed.
- If not installed, install MP Drivers from the Setup CD-ROM or the web page.
- Select your scanner or printer on the application’s menu.
- If your scanner or printer name is displayed multiple times, select the one that does not include WIA.
- The operation may differ depending on the application.
- Use the WIA driver when scanning from a WIA-compliant application.
- Scanning with WIA Driver
- Make sure that the application supports TWAIN.
- You cannot start ScanGear (scanner driver) from applications not supporting TWAIN.
- Scan and save images with IJ Scan Utility and open the files in your application.
Cannot Scan Properly with Auto Scan
- Make sure that the items are placed correctly.
- Positioning Originals (Scanning from Computer)
- Multiple item scanning may not be supported.
- Some applications do not support multiple image scanning.
- In that case, scan each item individually.
How to install your Canon printer on Mac OS X
- If you have already attempted to install a driver for your Canon printer, remove it from the printers and fax system preferences pane (in you system preferences) and also go to your hard disk (or SSD) and open Library>Printer, trash the Canon folder.
- Also in the same folder (Library>Printer) open the folder PPDs and trash any files which refer to the Canon printer you are installing.
- Of course if you have another Canon printer working, be sure to selectively trash only those files pertaining to new one.
- Reboot and empty the trash before proceeding to step two.
- Unplug the printer.
- Download the latest driver here and run the installer package.
- Once the package has finished installing, go to the system preferences by clicking the Apple icon at the top right.
- Now you can plug in the printer and turn it on.
- Open the “Print and Fax” pane to open the Print and Fax preferences
- Click the plus button (“+”) on the left side of the window to add a printer.
- The name of your new Canon printer should
- appear in the list and you should be able to click it.
- If this does not, redo all the steps above and check you absolutely followed instructions correctly and followed the link to get the latest driver for the exact Canon printer model you have ensuring also that it is the latest version for Mac OS X system you have.
- If you still have problems, see trouble shooting below.
- Click on the model of Canon printer you are installing and then click “Choose a Driver or Printer Model” then click “Select Printer Software.choose your printer form the list.
- Then click ok. and Installation Success:)
Your printer should now be installed and working.
- The only real trouble shooting you will probably need to do is check you have the latest driver for your operating system and then follow my instructions exactly.
- Mountain Lion and Lion are different from older systems, so make sure the driver is for 10.7.x or 10.8.x i(the same as your system). To check what version number your operating system has, click the Apple icon on the top left of your screen and click “About this Mac”. It will say OS X, Version x.x.x
- This is important because the installation steps are a little different for older systems.
- To check your Canon printers is compatible with Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and newer systems, go here:
- If you can’t find your list printer in that link try this page, click, support and then “Drivers and Downloads” and search for your canon printer model. It should auto detect your Mac OS X version.
Steps Instructions Wireless Setup For Canon PIXMA MG2900
- Take off the entire printer’s external protective materials carefully.
- Open the paper output tray on the front side and lift the scanner unit cover up to expose cartridge holder.
- Take this cartridge holder out and remove its protective materials too.
- Connect the printer to a power source by plugging one end in the proper interface on the printer while the other to wall power outlet.
- Turn the unit on and choose the language you prefer, followed by pressing the OK button and turning the unit back off.
- Lift the scanner cover again to insert the cartridge holder back in place. Close the lid.
- Turn the unit on and press the setup button. Select wireless LAN setup via the operation panel.
- Press the OK button.
- Select easy setup.
- Press the OK button.
- Select access point.
- Press the OK button.
- Feed it the WEP-key.
- Press the OK button.
- Insert the companion CD and run the program from the auto-play.
- Select the country where you stay at the moment. Click Next.
- Choose easy install and click Next.
- Select “Use the printer on network” and click Next.
- Soon, a window of Printer Detection appears. Click Next.
Canon MG2900 Printer Manual Installations
- Reproduction, diversion or copying of any text, photo or image published in the Online Manual (hereinafter referred to as “this guide”), in whole or in part, is prohibited.
- In principle, Canon shall change or delete the contents of this guide without prior notice to customers.
- In addition, Canon may suspend or stop the disclosure of this guide due to unavoidable reasons.
- Canon shall not be liable for any damage suffered by customers as a result of changes in or deletion of information in this guide, or suspension/stoppage of disclosure of this guide.
- Although the contents of this guide have been prepared with utmost care, please contact the service center if you find any incorrect or missing information.
- In principle, the descriptions in this guide are based on the product at the time of its initial sale.
- This guide does not disclose the manuals of all the products sold by Canon.
- See the manual supplied with the product when using a product that is not described in this guide.
How to Scan With Canon PIXMA MG2900
- One step Download Drivers
- Type PIXMA MG2900 in the “Enter a Model” and click GO.
- In the Drivers & Downloads section, under Recommended.
- Please click the Select button next to the MG2900 series Full Driver & Software Package.
- Click the Download button.
- If a Save dialog box appears, click Save.
- Once the download is complete, open your Downloads folder.
- Double click Driver Canon MG2900. A disk image will be created.
- Double click the disk image.
- Double click the “Setup” file to launch the setup screen.
Canon PIXMA MG2900 Scanner Driver Software Free Download
|Canon PIXMA MG2900 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.1||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG2900 series MP Drivers (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.01||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG2900 series XPS Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||5.8||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG2900 series Full Driver & Software Package (OS X)||1.3||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG2900 series CUPS Printer (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||220.127.116.11||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG2900 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.6)||18.104.22.168||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG2900 ICA Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.1.3||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG2900 ICA Driver (OS X 10.6)||3.3.4||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG2900 ScanGear MP for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||3||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG2900 ScanGear MP for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||3||Download|
|MG2900 ScanGear MP for Linux (Source file)||3||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG2900 IJ Printer Driver for Linux (debian Packagearchive)||5||Download|
|MG2900 IJ Printer Driver for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||5||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG2900 IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Source file)||5||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.5.0||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||Download|
|Quick Menu (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||2.6.1||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool for Intel Mac (OS X 10.5/10.6)||4.4.1||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG2922 IJ Scan Utility (OS X 10.6)||2.0.12||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.6)||2.5.0||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.6)||3.1.0||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||2.6.1||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||3.2.0||Download|
|Canon PIXMA MG2900 IJ Scan Utility (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||2.1.6||Download|
|Canon MG 2900 IJ Network Tool (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.1||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.0||Download|
Canon Pixma IJ Setup – will give you the official driver and software that you can directly download from this link below. Of course, the steps by step are also easy to follow.